Thursday, May 29, 2008

Life with Ma


While we were in Seattle Peter told me about this moment in Internet History. Back in 1994 (I think) AOL connected all their users to the Internet for the first time. Before this moment, the Internet was used by the military and computer peops. AOL launched millions of users onto the Internet and so the .com boom was born. I was hooked up to AOL back then (OK, Phyllis and my brother were). While I didn't understand the difference between AOL and the greater territory of the Internet, this is my way of explaining why I'm a bit sentimental when it comes to AOL. I know AOL was once the reigning Evil Empire but they made the Internet accessible for the likes of me and so I'm a wee bit sad to jump Sam's blog to Blogger but AOL is all faded glory and this Picasa program is nice.

If for whatever reason you aren't able to see the slideshow, click on the blank space and you will routed to the Picasa site to view the slideshow there.

I wonder what technological advancement will happen in Sam's 20s. And even though I'm committed to understanding technology as much as I can as we go, I'm sure I'll need the AOL version for whatever it is.

And I've left the other blog up and running if you want to view previous entries--http://journals.aol.com/lollily/SamuelHawk/

No comments: